About: Acceleprise San Francisco launched to provide entrepreneurs an opportunity to tap into the extensive network of great enterprise companies, mentors and investors the Bay Area has to offer. With the consumerization of the enterprise and continued adoption of the Saas model across every industry, Acceleprise SF will focus on investing in very early stage companies that are solving very targeted vertical or horizontally specific pain points with an easy to use application and have a team in place with the relevant operating experience to make it happen. It’s a 4 month program focused on getting the companies access to mentors and educational programming to accelerate execution of best practices, introductions to early adopters of technology with the goal of closing their first few paying clients and opportunities to have meaningful conversations with early stage investors.
Michael Cardamone – Managing Director and General Partner
Michael was an early employee on the BD team at Box and more recently led BD and partner marketing at AcademixDirect. He has made several angel investments and is an advisor to a couple other startups. Michael has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Syracuse University and a MBA from Columbia University.
Karen Appleton – General Partner
Karen was a founding member of the executive team at Box and currently serves as the SVP of Global Alliances. Prior to that role, she led all BD efforts and led a task force for Box’s international expansion. Karen holds a B.S from Towson University and a Master’s Degree from Johns Hopkins.
Rowan Trollope – General Partner
Rowan spent 23+ years in various product and executive roles at Symantec and is currently the SVP & GM of the Collaboration Technology Group at Cisco. Rowan is an angel investor and advisor to several enterprise tech companies, and currently holds 7 patents.
Nick Mehta – General Partner
Nick is currently the CEO of Gainsight, a rapidly growing SaaS company that has raised over $29M in funding from top VC’s. Prior to Gainsight, Nick was the CEO of LiveOffice (acquired by Symantec) and an EIR at Accel Partners. He has made several angel investments in enterprise startups, including Hoopla, which has raised over $10M in venture funding. Nick holds an A.B/S.M. from Harvard.
Acceleprise SF will invest $30,000 in exchange for 5% equity in 60 companies over the next 3 years. These companies will be asked to send at least one representative, although a strong preference for the entire team, to work side by side out of our office space in San Francisco, generously subsidized by Silicon Valley Bank.
More Than Just Money
In addition to capital, each company will receive a series of benefits by being part of the Acceleprise community:
1. SEED ROUND – we will help you craft the perfect pitch, connect you with investors, and raise your seed round.
2. MENTOR & POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS – Connecting you with mentors comprised of experienced industry thought leaders, CEOs, founders, venture capitalists, and potential customers to help you iterate on your product, execute and scale your business rapidly.
3. STRUCTURED CURRICULUM – Our structured curriculum includes workshops on key topics for early stage companies (ie. UX/Design, Customer Acquisition and Distribution), industry leading guest speakers, office hours and happy hours!
4.OFFICE SPACE SUBSIDIZED BY SILICON VALLEY BANK – Our companies will share an office space in San Francisco, which will help portfolio companies get the most out of the community.
5. DEMO DAYS – At the end of each program we will host a demo day where Acceleprise SF companies will have the chance to show off their hard work and pitch top VC’s and angels.
8. ADDITIONAL BENEFITS – Each portfolio company will receive additional benefits including $25,000 in deferred legal fees from Goodwin & Proctor LLP, and much more. For a full list of benefits, visit the perks page.
At Accelprise SF we focus on providing our companies with the resources, community, and confidence to disrupt the enterprise tech market.